Joining the Walker Lake Disposal Team
With our number one motto being: “Safety First” we are committed to sending our employee’s home in the same condition they came to work in.
Some of our additional perks include:
- No over-the road driving, drivers return home every night, do not work weekends or seven observed holidays a year.
- All employees, after completing the probationary period, are eligible for five unpaid days of personal time. All employees are eligible to receive one week (5 days) of paid personal time per year following the first full year of employment, and two weeks (10 days) of paid personal time per year following three years of employment.
- Walker Lake Disposal covers 70% of medical insurance for the driver. We offer vision and dental with a 100% coverage for the driver.
Work in a Safety First Company, be Home Every Night:
All of our Class A CDL drivers deliver pick up and dump bins within a hundred mile radius of Walker Lake Disposal. If you are interested in reducing your “over-the-road” schedule and would like to be home every night, then you have found the perfect opportunity with Walker Lake Disposal.
At Walker Lake Disposal, we live by two mottos: Safety First and Service Always All Ways Service. We focus on the safety of our drivers all day, every day because nothing is more important than making sure you get back to your family each night. We utilize Drive-Cams to keep our drivers safe and accountable.
Our drivers receive 2-6 weeks of training, depending on experience. After that, you will always be given the opportunity for continuous training classes and receive support from the Walker Lake Disposal team, including monthly safety training. We will pledge to invest in you and give you the opportunities to succeed.
What to expect when you apply:
Once you submit your application, a hiring manager will review it and contact you if you possess the requirements necessary and are qualified for our driver position.
All qualified applicants will receive an offer for an in-person interview. At the interview, we would ask that you provide the following documents:
- A 3 year Motor Vehicle Report
- Current Medical Card
- Signed Pre-Employment Screening Program Release form
Once these are reviewed by our Safety Department and your qualifications verified, you will receive a verbal offer from our recruiter. If accepted, a written offer letter will follow.
All employees are required to complete the DOT background processing and Federal DOT drug screening before a start date is agreed upon.
Our Hiring Process is Clear and Straightforward
We know your time is valuable, and that is why we are transparent about our application and hiring process. The process begins when you submit your application.
We do require all employees complete the DOT background processing and Federal DOT drug screening before a tentative start date is set.
During your first day at Walker Lake Disposal you will:
- Complete an online safety training course
- Receive your personal protective equipment
- Take a road test
- Begin your 2-6 week ride-along with a training driver
- YOU ARE NOW A TRUSTED AND VALUED WALKER LAKE DISPOSAL DRIVER